Sunday, June 29, 2008

Long weekend! WOOT!

I have been a bit scarce around here due to Mister being home from work. He is gone a month at a time and so he pretty much gets all the attention while he is home. So far we have been having a lot of fun. We went to the beach yesterday and we all have tans, NOT burns!! I bought sunscreen that was gentle for babies, with an SPF of 45. My girls are nicely browned, but alas, I am still pasty. I have a nice collection of angry looking red mosquito bites! SIL recommended applying vinegar, so I have been walking around all day smelling like a salad. It stung a bit, but after a few minutes the itch seems to have subsided.



Yesterday we went to the beach. I was bored, so I said to Mister, "Lets go to the lake!" He mumbled a few excuses as to why we shouldn't go, which irritated me because I figured I would have to talk him into it. Then a light bulb went off, and I realized, nothing will get done, unless I do it. We won't go anywhere unless I make it happen. So, I did. Mister declared that he wouldn't go in the lake, so I handed him my purse and camera and ordered him to guard it in the shade while we went and had fun.



That is me in the picture, I had my hair cut and dyed. So far I hate it. They messed up the colour, and the cut is nothing like the picture. I did it the day before Mister got home, and surprised him with it when I picked him up at the airport. I would post a picture of what it looks like now, but all the pictures I took turned out all dark, and weird looking. I am thinking about having the back shorter so I can spike it. Or I will just get it converted into a short inverted bob. Hair grows! It needs more colour in it. The front was supposed to be a BRIGHT royal purple. IT wound up being a dark maroon that is only distinguishable from the black is you peer squinty eyed at in bright light. Also, I was brave and went in my bikini.



Raven fell asleep mid-snack. How cute!


1 comment:

Jo said...

Wow, looks like you all had fun! Your hair looks good. Too bad they messed up the colour though. Good for you for braving the bikini! You look great! Raven's picture is adorable, with her hand in the snack bag.